I would like to know who was it that let the first animal live indoors. Really. Seriously.
Pets, mostly animals, are that, animals. Therefore, they belong to nature, and they belong outside.
I mean, please. Why would someone want to submit his or herself to:
- hair everywhere (clothes, furniture, bed, one’s own hair, food, one’s belongings, mouth!)
- non-contained drool
- threat of poop where you don’t expect it
- constant stalking for food at every meal
- constant whining for food
- unwanted licking
It’s not that I don’t like animals. Don’t get me wrong. I grew up with dogs, chickens, lizards, ants, and horses. But we are humans and they are not. Who said that animals should be treated like humans, or given preference? It’s not like living outside will kill them. They belong outside!
If animals cannot help keep the place clean (meaning, they are not caged), they should live outside.
I am against indoor animals.
- harmful weather, and this is an acute ocurrence, requiring the pet to be inside for a short period of time, not live inside forever
- there is not space outside available
- you have enough money to pay a maid to do ALL the cleaning required